The venue for the 2023 Cyber Research Conference is the Atlantic Technological University, Letterkenny Campus. It is easily accessible by private and public transport. Bus Eireann Route 32 goes from Dublin to Letterkenny and Route 64 goes from Galway to Sligo to Letterkenny. Route 64 also goes from Derry to Letterkenny. For detailed information on bus routes and other transport check out the ATU Campus Facilities page.
As the event will be held during the academic break there is expected to be ample parking on site. Accessible parking is available in many of our car parks. More details on maps and parking can be found on the ATU Maps and Transport page.
We recommend parking and entering via the North entrance (F on the campus map) on the Ramelton Road side. Parking on P2, P3 and P4 are best during the event. Parking is also available across the road from the main entrance.
The campus itself includes accessible lifts, bathrooms and other facilities. There is also a paternity room if you need to feed your child. A prayer room is available on site for your religious needs. We welcome you with our rainbow walkway on the right of our main entrance. Please let us know your needs.
Recommended local hotels include those listed below. Letterkenny is still a small town with almost everything just 5 minutes away.
Some of these hotels have special conference rates for delegates attending events Atlantic Technological University so you should state this at time of booking.
- Mount Errigal Hotel (5 minute walk from venue).
- McGettigan’s Hotel (5 minute walk from venue).
- Radisson Blu Hotel (10 minute walk from venue)
- Station House Hotel (near old Dunnes Stores, 1o minute walk from venue)
- Dillons Hotel (5 minute walk/ City Center)
- Clanree Hotel (5 minute drive)
- Rockhill House Estate (if you are looking for a little luxury)
- Castle Grove Hotel (if you are looking for a little luxury)
Multiple hostels and guesthouses are also available. For a list of things to do and places to stay look at: https://www.discoverireland.ie/letterkenny
Things to do over the week-end
If you are are staying for the week-end you may wish to check out some of the things to do in letterkenny. Can you find each of the following things:
- Where was Wolf Tone captured and imprisoned in Letterkenny? Sure we all know it was in Letterkenny not Buncrana!
- Which shop is the oldest in Letterkenny complete with pot bellied stove in the center of the room and wooden shelves fit for a remake of Downton Abbey if the Crawleys went shopping. Make sure and say that Ruth sent you.
- Where was the old shirt factory that now boasts a restaurant?
- Do you know the sad history of rabble days from May and November? You might see the children in the center of town if you look.
- ATU Letterkenny presents the annual Kay McNulty award and hosts that Kay McNulty Data Center but can you tell me where she lived or why she was a pioneer?